The following frequently asked questions are common among those contemplating University Malaya (UM). This page provides answers to these questions and provides links to useful UM websites that provide additional answers.
|Payment Method||Payment Day||Payment Data Updates
CIMB & BIMB
|Monday - Friday||Within two business days|
CIMB & BIMB
|Saturday, Sunday &
|Next two business days|
(FPX & Credit Card)
|Anytime||Interval processing within 24 hours|
|Flywire and KWSP/EPF||Anytime||Within three (3) working days from the delivery date/ Crediting date|
Should it still not update within the stipulated period, please send us a copy of the proof of payments to be accounted for and for updating purposes via HELPDESK under product FEES PAYMENT. Kindly capture the problem screen and upload the image for us to assist you better.
The most preferred way is to pay online through the student portal. Watch the guide video via UMSItS Guide
Alternatively, students can make payment:
• Direct bank-in to Bank Islam (M) Berhad (BIMB) – Any branch (Please ensure that the Student ID/ IC number / Passport Number is written on the payment slip)
• CIMB (Account Holders) via CIMBClicks
• Bank Islam (M) Berhad (Account Holders) via Bank Islam Internet Banking
If using CIMBClicks, please follow this step:
1. Log on to http://www.cimbclicks.com.my
2. Click Login and click OK to proceed.
3. Enter User ID and Password to log in.
4. Select Bills at the Pay menu.
5. Select Universiti Malaya (UM) – Undergraduates for Undergraduates OR Universiti Malaya (UM) – Postgraduates for Postgraduates at biller name drop-down box.
6. Enter NRIC No. OR Passport No for (International candidate) and Matric no. at the required field, then click Next.
7. Choose the bill and click Proceed to Payment and follow the next instruction given by the bank’s website.
The University has formed a partnership with Flywire to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make a payment from your home country.
Flywire allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank, typically in your home currency. By making your payment with Flywire you can:
• Track your payments from start to finish
• Save on bank fees and exchange rates
• Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night
To get started, click or go to um.fywire.com to begin the payment process. If you have questions about making an international payment, visit https://www.flywire.com/help.
The Employees Provident Fund (EPF) has expanded the e-Pengeluaran online facility to include Education Withdrawals, which allows members to submit their application online to withdraw from their EPF savings to fund their own or their children’s education fees at local higher learning institutions.
UM and the EPF have already implemented e-withdrawal where members need to go through the EPF system (http://www.kwsp.gov.my/portal/en/demo/i-akaun-member-login) and all verification will be done online only.
Apart from the convenience of sending applications online, the e-Pengeluaran facility allows members to check the eligible amount for withdrawal for a particular scheme and facilitates the crediting of the approved amount directly into member’s or participating bank’s account.
e-Pengeluaran is available to all members with i-Akaun. Members who have yet to register for i-Akaun can do so by contacting the EPF Call Management Centre or via EPF kiosk or by visiting any EPF branches or via an EPF Mobile Team.
Last Update: 10/08/2022