The following frequently asked questions are common among those contemplating University of Malaya (UM). This page provides answers to these questions and provides links to useful UM websites that provide additional answers.
|September/October||Budget preparation by Responsibility Centre (RC)|
|October/November||Review, analyse and budget recommendation by Bursar’s Office|
|November||Budget presentation at the University Committee.|
|December||Budget approval and distribution of annual allocation to RCs|
|1.||Current Policy (CP)||
It refers to all programs/activities carried out in the current year (except One-Off) that have been approved by the authorities.
Examples of EP are as follows:
● Utility cost● Relevant costs for ongoing courses and programs
|2.||New Policy (NP)||
New program/activity including addition or extension to the Existing Policy.
Examples of NPs are as follows:
● Customer Expansion/increased number of students
● Maintenance of new space
● Additional of new campuses● Expansion of the scope of work / Offering new courses /academic programs
|3.||One-off Policy (OO)||
It is an extraordinary expense, unavoidable and an expense that is not recurring every year.
Examples of OO expenses are as follows:
● Acquisition of equipment/assets
● Facility renovation / upgrade works● Cost of transfer from one campus to another
Last Update: 13/01/2022